The Mission of Federal Hill Main Street is to create and promote a vibrant business district that meets the needs of both residents and visitors while honoring our community’s history.
Who we are?
Federal Hill Main Street (FHMS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization – one of eight accredited Baltimore City Main Street communities that are modeled after the National Main Street program. The organization has an all-volunteer Board of Directors representing Federal Hill business owners, residents, and individuals aligned with our Mission. Our staff includes our Executive Director, Cathy Rosenbaum, and our Community Outreach Coordinator, Chenlin Bregel. Federal Hill Main Street is a volunteer driven organization, relying on volunteers to work with the staff to accomplish the non-profit’s annual goals and objectives. Federal Hill Main Street was founded in 2001.
- Outside Dining: Funded and Installed outside dining set-ups for over 20 Federal Hill restaurants/bars
- Sanitation: Funded Living Classrooms to clean sidewalks/gutters five (5) days a week – year-round.
- Greening: Installed over 100 commercial urns filled with foliage and maintained over 100 tree pits
- Covid: Maintained updated list of Covid relief funding and assisted local merchants in securing Covid-19 relief funds – updated regularly
- Façade Improvement Grants: Assisted four (4) Business Owners in securing grant funding to improve their facades
- Red Cross Blood Drive – Met goal to collect 50 units of blood to replace supplies diminished from Covid
- First Responder and Senior Support: Partnered with Light Street Church to provide and deliver over 1,200 meals
- Grants: Awarded $275,000 in grant funding for mission-focused programs and operations
- Social Media: Significantly improved frequency and effectiveness of social media posts to promote the neighborhood and local merchants
- Events: Held two (2) small shopping events (Covid style) to support holiday shopping
- Website: Updated website, including Business Directory with links for website and social media for each Federal Hill Main Street entity (when available)
- Database: Implemented a new Database to track donations, volunteers, events, and grants.
For 2021, we have new initiatives underway and are looking forward to a healthier, safer business climate for everyone!