The Mission of Federal Hill Main Street is to create and promote a vibrant business district that meets the needs of both residents and visitors while honoring our community’s history.
Who we are?
Federal Hill Main Street (FHMS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization – one of eight accredited Baltimore City Main Street communities that are modeled after the National Main Street program. The organization has an all-volunteer Board of Directors representing Federal Hill business owners, residents, and individuals aligned with our Mission. Federal Hill Main Street is a volunteer-driven organization, relying on volunteers to work with the staff to accomplish the non-profit’s annual goals and objectives. Federal Hill Main Street was founded in 2001.
- Events: Hosted 2 family-friendly holiday events, and free weekly entertainment summer thru October.
- Outside Dining: Secured permit and grant funding to set up outside dining.
- Pedestrian Zone: Created pedestrian-only community space on the north side of E Cross St.
- Sanitation: Received funding to clean the business district 5 days a week – year-round.
- Beautification: Planted and maintained 120 commercial urns.
- COVID-19 Emergency Funding: Researched and shared COVID relief funding opportunities.
- Grants: Secured over $450,000 in grant funding, including $274,530 in pass-thru grant funding for Fed Hill Main Street businesses
For 2022, we have new initiatives underway and are looking forward to a healthier, safer business climate for everyone!