The mission of Federal Hill Main Street is to foster community and support our thriving business district through branded events, cleaning and greening efforts, promoting and attracting local businesses, and investing in our community’s public spaces.
Who we are?
Federal Hill Main Street (FHMS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization – one of eight accredited Baltimore City Main Street communities that are modeled after the National Main Street program. The organization has an all-volunteer Board of Directors representing Federal Hill business owners, residents, and individuals aligned with our Mission. Federal Hill Main Street is a volunteer-driven organization, relying on volunteers to work with the staff to accomplish the non-profit’s annual goals and objectives. Federal Hill Main Street was founded in 2001.
- Events: Hosted 14 weekly free events from Spring to Autumn, and 3 major holiday events.
- Pedestrian Zone: Maintained pedestrian-only community space on the north side of E Cross St. and added string lights.
- Sanitation: Received funding to clean the business district 5 days a week – year-round.
- Beautification: Planted and maintained 120 commercial urns.
- Grants: Secured over $125,000 in grant for collaborative safety efforts in the Federal Hill district footprint.
For 2023, we have new initiatives and events underway and are looking forward to eve greater collaboration with our businesses and residents.